WELCOME TO SPOTTED DOG RANCH, WHERE ROLLING STONES KEEP ROLLING. THANKS FOR VISITING!

With the smoke and the fire and the stars at night

Up again in the morning bright

With nothing but road and sky in sight

And nothing to do but go...

—old hobo poem

Monday, December 23, 2013

Sometimes You Don't, Sometimes You Do...


Sometimes you don't get what you want for Christmas, but sometimes you do. This was one of those "sometimes you do" times, and what's even better, I didn't have to wait for Christmas.

I still remember the first time I ever had a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. It was in a little restaurant in Moab called Breakfast at Tiffany's that featured Audrey Hepburn memorabilia. Having never seen the movie, I'm still not sure what that was all about, but I've never forgotten the smooth flavor of that coffee.

And that coffee goes for way more money than I can afford, even for an addiction ($40/pound and up for the pure stuff, not a blend). Jamaica's Blue Mountains are considered to have the perfect climate for growing coffee beans, with rich soil and lots of rain, which gives it that smooth non-bitter taste. It's also the bean used for making Tia Maria coffee liqueur, which I've never tried.

So...when I received not one, but two pounds, straight from Jamaica via a family member (purchased there for $17/lb.), I was pretty stoked, to say the least.

I hope it tastes as good brewed cowboy style as it did at Tiffany's. In any case, I'm one happy camper.


This is a cargo trailer converted by a company called Wooly Wagons. Maybe I should do something like this as a gift to myself, since I'm on a roll, now owning some of the world's best coffee.

4 comments:

  1. I swear I can smell the coffee brewing.....enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sad when something so simple can make you so happy - kind of says maybe you're an addict, eh?

      Delete
  2. If you do that kind of conversion…well, the "stealth" kinda goes out the windows, and doors, and flower sill :)). It is cute tho…I understand the attraction.
    Merry Christmas to you and your gang of critters!
    Mark and Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark, and same to you guys. Hope you have a great one down in beautiful Ooray.

      As for the conversion, I think adding all that wood would make it too heavy to pull, but it looks kind of neat.

      Delete

SPEAK!!